Strengthening the role of civil society in improving transparency and accountability of the judicial authority before the public, and strengthening the rule of law by means of building up institutional capacity of the PIC, the involvement of citizens and raising their awareness on the PIC activities.
- Ensuring institutional capacity and the effectiveness of the PIC through supporting the Secretariat and creating a register of specialists in monitoring information
- Developing knowledge and skills of the PIC members, workers of the Secretariat, and engaged specialists.
- Advocating for legislative changes regarding the PIC activities.
- Ensuring systematic and full informing of citizens about the activities of the Public Integrity Council.
- Mobilizing citizens to monitor lifestyle of current judges or candidates for judicial positions.
- Establishing effective cooperation with judicial authorities and with partners from civil society.
Providing the PIC with informational, organizational and material support and its institutional development.
A high-quality analysis of the compliance with the criteria of integrity and professional ethics within the process of qualification assessment of judges (candidates for the positions of judges) by members of the PIC.
Better effectiveness of activity of the High Qualifications Commission of Judges of Ukraine and the High Council for Justice.
Improving the effectiveness of public control over the process of selection and recertification of judges.
Raising the awareness of citizens on the judicial reform process and its status.
Improving the capacity of civil society in improving the transparency and accountability of the judicial authority before the public.
Strengthening the rule of law.
Duration: 12 months; Dec. 2017 – Dec. 2018
Donor: The Nove Pravosuddya Justice Sectore Reform Programme project USAID
Project Coordinator: Anastasiya Kozlovtseva, Iryna Shyba