September 30, 2022
Transparency International Ukraine is an accredited chapter of the global movement Transparency International, with a comprehensive approach to development and implementation of changes for reduction of the corruption levels.
According to the Charter of the organization, the competition for the position of Executive Director should take place every three years. In January of this year, we announced a competition for the position of executive director, but it was recognized as not completed because of the russian full-scale invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2022.
Therefore, we announce a new competition for the position of Executive Director of TI Ukraine. And we are looking forward to the applications of leaders who share our values and want to implement changes in the fight against corruption in our country together with us over the next 3 years.
TI Ukraine Executive Director will be responsible for determining all matters of the organization’s strategic frameworks and their adoption through to implementation.
S/he will be responsible for:
- Developing, overseeing, and maintaining a cohesive vision of further strategic and operational Organization’s development based on values and mission, defining the main and intermediate stages and goals, uniting, leading, and guiding the team to the highest possible goals’ performance;
- Performing general management of the strategic and operational activity of the Organization based on the mission and goals set;
- Implementing the Organization’s mission by interacting with different stakeholders, including TI representatives, TI Ukraine Board, donors, both national and international partners, media representatives, Organization members and project teams;
- Developing strategic plans and making sure that both strategic and operational plans and activities are harmonious, aligned with goals and values and are implemented in a timely manner, providing regular reporting on their implementation;
- Developing general approach and heading organizational interaction with representatives of public authorities, business, civil society, and international partners of Ukraine;
- Leading the process of fundraising, interaction, and communication with donors and their representatives on behalf of the Organization concerning the implementation, development, and future expansion of projects;
- Planning, organizing, and leading the most effective representation of TI Ukraine in the media on the national and international level;
- Ensuring the general most effective formation, management, and development of a program/project’s teams;
- Leading the development and maintenance of the Organization’s impact;
- Promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance, oversight, and resources to enable staff to perform successfully;
- Supporting the strengthening and development of Organization’s project directions and units’ strategies and their successful implementation.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience managing complex non-governmental organization programs/projects. Previous experience in the public sector or non-governmental organizations is essential, and experience in the anti-corruption sphere will be an advantage;
- Deep awareness of framework focus areas and anti-corruption activity in general;
- Proven successful leadership experience managing a multidisciplinary team of 30 or more members;
- Excellent coordination and negotiation skills are critical, both for internal coordination and for working with key stakeholders;
- Experience in public speaking and communication with media and other public stakeholders is essential. General knowledge of modern most effective communication patterns and approaches to functioning will be an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability for rapid, accurate analysis of complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of program/project priorities into operational strategies;
- Fluency in spoken and written Ukrainian and English is required.
- Successful representation and communication experience with stakeholders, as well as fundraising experience are required;
- Strong oral and written communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively in English and Ukrainian with senior internal and external stakeholders;
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills;
- Commitment to sharing the Organization’s values;
- Capacity to cope with enormous amount of work and stressful working environment;
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality results.
- Competitive remuneration and experience in leading an extraordinary team of corruption-fighting enthusiasts, being a part of a global TI network;
- Opportunity for personal growth and development, interesting and unique work in a friendly team of professionals;
- Possibility to participate in internal and external trainings with partial or full reimbursement of expenses;
- Possibility to influence the reforms and changes for the better in the society;
Remuneration: competitive monthly payment (the amount is defined following the job interview).
Application deadline: 30 September 2022.
Type of employment: full time.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject “Виконавча/-ий директорка/-ор / Executive director”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.